Senka Mihaj, Marko Milanovic, and Nemanja Ilic, attorneys from Belgrade, 12 Cika Ljubina (“Data Controller” or “MIM Law“), who have the status of Data Controller in terms of the Law on Personal Data Protection (“Official Gazette” No. 87/2018 “LPDP“), hereby inform the users of the website https://mim-law.com, whose personal data are processed (“Data subjects“), on all aspects related to the processing of their personal data under the LPDP.
1. What Personal Data do we collect
A. Voluntarily shared Personal Data
- Personal Data you choose to share with us in your inquiry via our contact form (e.g. name, surname, e-mail, contact number);
- Personal Data you share with us during the application process for the position at MIM Law (personal data contained in your CV).
B. Automatically collected Personal Data
Please note that we may automatically collect certain information from you when you interact with our website. Such information may include:
- Your IP address and device type;
- Your internet service provider and operating system;
- Unique device identification number;
- Browser type and broad geographic location;
- Date and time of access;
- Information about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
2. How we use your Personal Data
We can use your voluntarily shared Personal Data to contact you regarding possible business cooperation or engagement at MIM Law.
Processing of the above-mentioned automatically-collected information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them. We may use such information to help improve the contents of the website and to compile aggregate statistics about people using our site for our internal usage statistics and market research purposes. In doing this, we may install “cookies” or similar technologies that collect the domain name of the user, your internet service provider, your operating system, and the date and time of access.
Cookies are created and stored on the user’s computer, phone, or other devices. Every time the user goes back to the same website, the browser retrieves and sends this “cookie” file to the website. Please note that cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, and this will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, if you do not accept our cookies, you may not be able to use all functionalities of our website. It is legally permitted to store cookies on your device if they are essential for the operation of the website, but for all other types of cookies, we need your permission to do so.
3. Legal basis for Personal Data processing
Please note that we collect and process Personal Data on the following basis:
- to perform a contract or to take steps before entering into a contract;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- to achieve legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party (and not outweighed by your privacy interests), such as the effective delivery of our website and related services offered to you and the effective and lawful operation of our website;
- based on Data subject’s consent.
4. How long do we keep Personal Data
Personal Data will be retained in line with the requirements of LPDP and the purpose for which the Personal Data is collected and used, considering Data Controller’s business needs and the legal and regulatory requirements to retain the Personal Data for a minimum period.
5. With whom we share Personal Data
We may share Personal Data with certain trusted third parties following contractual arrangements with them, including our IT service providers, subject to appropriate safeguards being implemented.
Where necessary, in order to comply with our legal or regulatory requirements, we may share Personal Data with regulatory authorities, courts, and law enforcement agencies. We will use reasonable endeavors to notify you before we do this unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
6. Transfer of Personal Data outside of the Republic of Serbia
We may transfer your Personal Data outside the Republic of Serbia. In these cases, we will transfer your Personal Data only:
- to the countries that offer an adequate level of protection of personal data under the LPDP;
- to the Data Processors located in the countries which do not meet the criteria under the previous point, but with whom Data Controller concluded a Data Processing Agreement and ensured the application of adequate safeguards.
7. What are your rights?
Please note that you have the following rights regarding your Personal Data processing:
- Right to request access to your Personal Data and to request correction or deletion of your Personal Data or to request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data;
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Right to request transfer of your Personal Data to other Data Controllers (right to data portability);
- Right to withdraw your consent to the processing of Personal Data at any time. Withdrawal of consent does affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal;
- Right to complain to the Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection.
If you have any questions related to the processing of your Personal Data, please contact us via e-mail email@example.com.