As domestic and international clients face increasingly complex disputes, Mihaj, Ilić & Milanović arbitration team provides seamless service to prepare for commercial and investment arbitrations, develop winning strategies, represent clients throughout the entire proceeding all the way through to the arbitral award enforcement. Our lawyers’ extensive experience and sophisticated expertise in international and local arbitration, in addition to the signature focus of our practice, places us in a unique position to solve our clients’ most important disputes.
We have represented a wide range of individuals, corporate, public clients and states in all forms of arbitration, including disputes resolved under the auspices of the Foreign Trade Court of Arbitration attached to the Serbian Chamber of Commerce, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL). Our commercial and investment arbitration team advises and represents clients in all aspects of the arbitration process, from advanced negotiations and formal proceedings, to the conduct of the arbitration hearing and judicial proceedings related to the enforcement of interim and final compensations and awards. Furthermore, we believe that the experience of our lawyers provides our clients with a distinct advantage in matters relating to commercial and investment arbitration. Oftentimes in arbitration, situations arise in such a manner that requires immediate reaction, which puts a premium on experienced trial lawyers capable of making split-second decisions without compromising the quality and thoroughness of their work.
Members of our team participated in arbitrations in a wide range of industries, including banking, construction (including FIDIC related proceedings), infrastructure, food & agriculture, trade, manufacturing, mining & metals, power generation, leisure as well as various privatizations, both in Serbia and the region. Our lawyers have a proven track record of achieving landmark results for their clients in cases involving complicated fact patterns as well as novel legal challenges. Furthermore, we are proud of having great experience in investment arbitration arising from bilateral investment treaties as well as foreign investment regulations.
Our lawyers counsel and represent both plaintiffs and defendants by providing advice and support on the following matters:
- Legal analysis and preparation of strategy
- Drafting arbitration notices and claims
- Preparation of defense
- Assisting in the arbitrator nominating process
- Analysis and preparation of factual evidence including witness and expert testimonies
- Representation at pre-hearing conferences
- Preparation of procedural rules
- Conducting arbitration hearings
- Enforcement of arbitral awards
- Representation in court trials for the annulment of arbitral awards
- Advanced negotiation
Related services before relevant authorities, including:
- Foreign Trade Court of Arbitration attached to the Serbian Chamber of Commerce
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)